Join us at Mayfair Park complex in Lakewood to participate in a hands-on training experience that will demonstrate tools, equipment and best practices used the planning, design, construction and maintenance of park and recreation facilities. You and your staff will receive instruction from some of the leading consultants, suppliers, turf experts and field managers in California. The new expanded schedule provides a “development track” and and ‘operations track” with more facilities types and vendors with the opportunity to see and try the latest tools and equipment.
- Understand techniques used to successfully plan, design construct, maintain and renovate core park and recreation facilities found in most park system portfolios.
- Discuss the latest in-fill and materials used to construct synthetic sports fields
- Expanded format this year with more sessions in two tracks for both development (planning, design and construction) and Operations (maintenance and management) professionals.
- Keynote lunchtime speaker
- Meet consultant, vendor/supplier and university experts in the design, construction and management of recreation facilities.
- Network with fellow sports field professionals and share information
- Receive printed information related to operations, maintenance and sports field employees.
Training Stations (preliminary list subject to change)
- Water Conservation
- Urban Forestry Management
- California Native Plant Use and Management
- Synthetic Turf Selection and Management
- Playground Equipment Selection and Management
- Outdoor Fitness Equipment Selection and Management
- Asset Management Inventorying and Equipment
- Landscape Equipment Showcase
Click Here to see an event schedule. Final Schedule dependent upon confirmation of all Station Speakers.
Each year the Symposium presents a featured lunch speaker on a topic relevant.
Continental Breakfast and Lunch
A Continental breakfast will be served beginning at 7:00 a.m. and lunch will be served following the workshop all of which is included in the Symposium Fee.
Each participant will receive a handouts and an extensive resource list of links to industry websites with hundreds of references to checklists, instructional videos, reference materials and best practices.
Educational Gift Raffle
Attendees will have the opportunity to win exciting and useful sponsor provided gifts, tools, and educational publications related to park management.
Regular Workshop Rate Through January 26, 2018
- CPRS / STMA Member $40
- Non-Member $50
- Student $30
Late Registration Rate January 27, 2018 Through March 13 On-Site
- CPRS / STMA Member $50
- Non-Member $63
- Student $30
You can view and download the most recent workshop flyer here.
Click Here to view and download a workshop flyer.
Workshop Location Map
You can view and download the the workshop location map and driving instructions from the convention center to El Dorado Park.
Click Here to view and download the workshop location map.
For a copy of the most recent workshop event schedule Click Here.
Symposium registration can be completed online through the normal CPRS Conference Registration process by Clicking Here. Early Bird Registration begins October 15 and runs through January 20, 2017. Late registration begins January 21 and runs through February 10. On-site registration begins February 11 and runs through the event on February 28, 2019.
You can register by completing the paper registration form and faxing or emailing the form to the Development and Operations Section registrar. Also included for your use is a credit card authorization form.
Please do no fill out the credit card information on the registration form. When your registration form has been received a member of the Development and Operations Section will contact you to obtain your credit card information over the phone.
Click Here for a copy of the Workshop Registration Form
Click Here to view and download the Credit Card Authorization Form
For Further Information
They are available to answer questions about workshop format and content or assist you with your organization’s participation as a event partner/sponsor.
DAYS TO SYMPOSIUM
This year we haver really tried to respond to both our section membership and our partners and sponsors to offer a workshop that is more informative, more engaging, more fun and brings assures that each participant learns more and leaves with useful information and contacts.