Join us at the Mahany Park complex in Roseville to participate in a hands-on training experience that will demonstrate tools, equipment and best practices used the planning, design, construction and maintenance of park and recreation facilities. You and your staff will receive instruction from some of the leading consultants, suppliers, turf experts and field managers in California. The new expanded schedule provides more facilities types and vendor with the opportunity to see and try the latest tools and equipment.
- Understand techniques used to successfully plan, design construct, maintain and renovate core park and recreation facilities found in most park system portfolios.
- Discuss the latest in-fill and materials used to construct synthetic sports fields
- Expanded format this year with more sessions in two tracks for both development (planning, design and construction) and Operations (maintenance and management) professionals.
- Keynote lunchtime speaker
- Meet consultant, vendor/supplier and university experts in the design, construction and management of recreation facilities.
- Network with fellow sports field professionals and share information
- Receive printed information related to operations, maintenance and sports field employees.
Training Stations (preliminary list subject to change)
- Water Conservation
- Urban Forestry Management
- California Native Plant Use and Management
- Synthetic Turf Selection and Management
- Playground Equipment Selection and Management
- Outdoor Fitness Equipment Selection and Management
- Drones – Current Legislation and Use in Parks
- Asset Management Inventorying and Equipment
- Landscape Equipment Showcase
Click Here to see an event schedule. Final Schedule dependent upon confirmation of all Station Speakers.
Each year the Symposium presents a featured lunch speaker on a topic relevant.
Continental Breakfast and Lunch
A Continental breakfast will be served beginning at 7:00 a.m. and lunch will be served following the workshop all of which is included in the Symposium Fee.
Each participant will receive a handouts and an extensive resource list of links to industry websites with hundreds of references to checklists, instructional videos, reference materials and best practices.
Attendees will have the opportunity to win exciting and useful sponsor provided gifts, tools, and educational publications related to park management.
Regular Workshop Rate Through February 10, 2017
- Non-Member $60
- Student $25
Late Registration Rate February 1 Through February 28 On-Site
- CPRS / STMA Member $60
- Non-Member $70
- Student $35
Click Here to view and download a workshop flyer.
Workshop Location Map
Click Here to view and download the workshop location map.
You can register by completing the paper registration form and faxing or emailing the form to the Development and Operations Section registrar. Also included for your use is a credit card authorization form.
Please do no fill out the credit card information on the registration form. When your registration form has been received a member of the Development and Operations Section will contact you to obtain your credit card information over the phone.
Click Here for a copy of the Workshop Registration Form
Click Here to view and download the Credit Card Authorization Form
For Further Information
They are available to answer questions about workshop format and content or assist you with your organization’s participation as a event partner/sponsor.
DAYS TO SYMPOSIUM